Beginner Question on Silhouette

Hi All,

I’m planning to use Silhouette for the support of OAuth & JWT tokens. I have few questions on the same:

1. I guess Silhouette should be used only with Scala. By any chance any bindings for Java is available?
  2. I want to start with implementing my own OAuth provider for generating refresh tokens. Is it possible?
  3. Also I want to use JWT tokens for access tokens for authorization purpose. Is it possible?
  4. I may need Google / Facebook OAuth in future, I guess it will be easy to integrate with the system.

Thanks for your time on this.

Hi,

I guess Silhouette should be used only with Scala. By any chance any bindings for Java is available?

It’s currently Scala only.

I want to start with implementing my own OAuth provider for generating refresh tokens. Is it possible?

Yes, you can create your own client implementation in Silhouette.

Also I want to use JWT tokens for access tokens for authorization purpose. Is it possible?

Possible with the JWT authenticator.

I may need Google / Facebook OAuth in future, I guess it will be easy to integrate with the system.

Both providers are already implemented.

Best regards,
Christian

Thanks for response.

Is there any examples for implementing own custom provider in github repo?

You should distinguish if you talk from a provider (the backend part which issues the token) or the client part (which Silhouette provides).

For the backend part you could use: https://github.com/nulab/scala-oauth2-provider
The the client part you can use an existing provider from Silhouette and adapt it for your own provider. this should be really straight forward.